With summer finally upon us, many families are taking to the outdoors. No matter where your summer adventures take you, OceanPoint Insurance would like to remind you of the importance of reviewing your current insurance policies. To ensure they are providing the levels of protection you need, we encourage you to talk with your OceanPoint agent to make certain you are properly insured.
Most people understand the need for RV and motorcycle insurance, but did you know that recreational vehicles also require insurance? Take a look at the different vehicle coverage we at OceanPoint have available:
- Jet Skis: Jet Ski insurance, though not legally mandatory, is simply a good idea due to the risks of the sport. Factors like hidden rocks or busy motorways put drivers at risk.
- Motorcycles: Liability insurance is mandatory in RI and pays for damages or injuries you cause in an accident, as well as your legal defense if needed.
- ATV’s: ATV insurance provides the coverage you need specifically for off-roading. Your policy will cover damage or injuries from an ATV accident, up to the limits of your policy.
- Boats/Yachts: If you enjoy fishing, sailing, yachting, or cruising around on a powerboat, make sure you have boat insurance that covers your liability risk as well as your watercraft, equipment and passengers.
- Motorhomes: Motorhome liability insurance is mandatory in RI and will cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after an accident. Whether you are heading down the coast or traveling north to the mountains, be sure you are covered.
Before you host your next graduation party, cocktail party, or backyard barbeque, be sure to protect yourself and your guests. Listed below are some tips for keeping your summer party safe and avoiding claims on your homeowner’s insurance:
- Before a party, take the time to make sure your yard (or party area) is free of uneven patches of ground, mounds and holes, and that entryways are clear of tripping hazards.
- If you have a fire pit, be sure it is at least 10 feet away from any structure or combustible surface.
- Always have a container of water nearby and a garden hose on standby before starting a fire.
- Check gas grill hoses to ensure they’re not blocked, cracked or damaged before use.
- Operate your barbecue on a level surface, away from your house, garage and landscaping. Never move the grill once it is lit.
- Make sure no one swims alone. Never leave a child unattended in the water or pool area, and see that less experienced swimmers are always accompanied by a swimmer who has water life-saving skills.
To fully enjoy all your summer fun, make sure you have the insurance protection you need. If you have questions about your insurance policy call OceanPoint Insurance at 401.847.5200.